Monday, April 18, 2011

P is for Pendants

As I work my way through the alphabet as part of the April A-Z Blogging Challenge I come inevitably to the letter P and with my penchant for jewelry I just have to choose pendants.   As long time readers will know I love jewelry, but pendants have to be one of my favorite forms of jewelry and are especially great gift ideas.

Pendants are a great gift idea and you can find all different styles of pendant to choose from.   At the moment though I'm going to talk about pendants from Zazzle.   Zazzle is a print on demand company that you may or may not be aware of and since late last year they also produce pendants.

Lady on the Rock necklace
Lady on the Rock by lou165
Create custom silver pendants online

This pendant is of the Lady on the Rock, a statue that stands at the entrance of the Whakatane harbour and people who live in Whakatane usually go down to 'the heads' (as they call the entrance to the harbour) every day which makes it a special site.   We haven't lived in Whakatane for over 10 years and yet we have a picture of the Lady on the Rock gracing our lounge as do many of our friends who also hail from there.   This pendant was made with one of them in mind and was a very cherished gift for them - it's rarely taken off in fact!

If you have a special place that lives in your heart even when you're miles away then you can make your own pendant (the pendants can be round or square) to wear.

I have also seen people put photos of their pets and loved ones onto pendants and I think they make a great gift idea for someone.

Other ideas include using artwork that depicts many things from flowers to gothic designs and from animals to  seasonal designs, I have a selection of different pendants available at Unique Silver Necklaces.   I'll leave you with a design that a lot of people seem to like, my pink and white swirl pendant -






2 comments:

  1. Pendants are a good choice for the letter P! Thanks for sharing, and it's a pleasure to meet you via the A-Z Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pink and white swirl necklace!

    ReplyDelete